So If you are looking to buy a new scooter for your little boy or girl, give our Razor Delta Wing Review a read. Unlike all the previous models, this one has really stepped up in its game and immediately grabbed our attention. It provides a totally unique riding experience comparing to the traditional kick or electric scooters we’ve seen before.
Razor Delta Wing Review: All Details at a Glance
- Steel frame with high tech polymer wings
- Two-piece Y drop handlebars
- Large pneumatic front wheel of a whopping 16 inches
- Rear low angle trailing casters with large 125 mm wheels for drifting and spinning
- Soft rubber grips
- Front brake which is operated by hand
- See all features and pictures on the product page
- Maximum weight of 143 pounds
- Applicable for kids aged six years and older
- Product weight of 19.4 pounds
- Product dimensions: 42.8 x 24.2 x 34.4 inches
- Shipping weight of 24.03 pounds
- Some assembly required
Even though the Razor Delta Wing has been marketed as a scooter for youth and adults, kids above the age of six are more than welcome to ride it too. That’s right, kids give DeltaWing much love and seem to love it. And despite of the fact that Razor Delta Wing is a just released product (in the 2015), we’ve already spotted couple of them on the streets and saw surprisingly young kids (6-8) performing some pretty awesome tricks!
So, when we talk about the age range, we think it basically all comes down to responsibility. If you consider to buy a DeltaWing scooter as a gift for your child, just go ahead but stay responsible and keep an eye on your kids as they learn to ride it. A watchful eye is always recommended to make sure that no accidents happen.
The best part about this scooter is that it is completely self propelled. This actually shouldn’t come as a surprise because Razor , the company behind the DeltaWing, has been a pioneer of the kick scooters’ market. Through all those years they’ve really mastered the art of making durable and long lasting scooters and DeltaWing clearly benefits from their experience so far.
But what does it mean for you? Well, the lack of motor means that there is no scope of it heating up and combusting. The self-propelled design enable riders to go quite fast but not fast enough to be spun out of control – and that’s what we really like in the DeltaWing scooter. It’s safe, durable, environment friendly and won’t cause troubles. In short, the scooter itself is safe to ride.
However, as we often remind on our blog, we highly recommend getting kids equipped with an extra safety gear. No matter what kind of ride on vehicle your kids ride or drive – whether it’s a Razor DeltaWing, power wheels or a balance bike, the safety is of the utmost importance for kids of all ages. A pair of kneepads and a helment don’t cost a fortune so it definitely is a must-have.
Razor Delta Wing Review: 4 Features You’ll Love
1. 16-inch pneumatic front wheel
The extra large 16 inch pneumatic wheels which have been installed ensure that your child gets an extremely smooth ride on the Delta Wing scooter.
2. Hand operated rubber and brake grips
The front hand brakes which are operated by both rubber and brake grips provide an extra sense of security and comfort. This is because it reduces the possibility of your child’s hands slipping even if it is sweaty.
3. Dual low angle trailing rear casters
The low angle trailing casters allows for drifting, turning, and even acceleration. The best part is that all of this can be done without even having to push.
4. Steel frame and two-piece Y drop handlebars
The steel drop frame and the Y drop handlebars truly make the Razor Deltawing an ultimate ride. This will allow your kids to show off their new ride by riding the pavement in style while performing stunning tricks and sharp turns.
Razor DeltaWing: The Pros & Cons
- Absolute value for money (here’s the best deal)
- Goes from a three-wheeler to a two-wheeler after your child’s balance improves
- Extremely durable
- Also a good workout for your kids
- Enables the learning of tricks with practice
- Goes fast but only to a certain limit thanks to no motor of any kind
- Allows for the turning, drifting, and stunt-like tricks
- No set of assembly instructions provided
- The foot area is quite small
- The handles cannot be moved up
- The handbrake is a bit tough (but that may actually be an advantage for some riders)
Razor Delta Wing Reviews: The Bottom Line
So we’ve came to the end of our Razor Delta Wing Review. What else can we say about it? In a nutshell, the DeltaWing is truly a wonderful scooter for kids and youth. It’s safe, fun to ride and we think it’s going to be huge this Christmas.
How much does it cost? Well, the price changes from time to time so it’s best to check this Amazon link for the most recent price. One good tip we can share at this point is that the new Razor products tend to run out of stock during a holiday shopping craze, so if you’re planning to get one, we recommend buying it now while it’s available.