As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Finding the best remote control car for kids is not easy. It gets even harder if you have children who are as stubborn as my son.
At a Glance: The Best Remote Control Car For Kids to Buy
We highly recommend looking at the comparison table we have below where we highlighted the features of each product.
|View on Amazon →|
|View on Amazon →|
|View on Amazon →|
|View on Amazon →|
|View on Amazon →|
From a very tender age, my son has always been a fanatic for classy cars. Despite buying him numerous cars from local stores, none of them pleased him. The one or two that he liked broke down in a few days. This left him gloomy and sad.
I later came to learn that remote control cars for kids are age-graded and their features vary for each age. All that time, I had been wasting my money buying the wrong cars!
With this new knowledge, I decided to dig deeper and find the best rechargeable remote control car for kids the age of my son (he was six years old then). Read on to find out what I learned.
My Top Choice: The Best Remote Control Car For Kids
My son has a collection of lots of toys. Initially, robots were his favorite. However, this changed when I bought him the Sugoiti Remote Control Stunt Car.
He’s so proud of it, he doesn’t allow anyone to touch it! And he’s always bragging about all the cool stunts, flips, and spins his car can perform.
Best Remote Control Car For Kids Reviews
In this section, I have reviewed the five best remote control (RC) cars for kids available on the market today. Some are ideal for toddlers, while others are best for older kids.
This is a must-read section for anyone researching the best remote control vehicle for their kids.
1. Sugoiti Remote Control Stunt Car – Best Overall
- Powerful motor system
- Premium quality body
- Has tri-axial differential technology
- Fast charging and long-lasting battery
- Recommended for children above five years
The Sugoiti Remote Control Stunt Car is a top-rated remote car for kids. It is an off-road vehicle that is guaranteed to excite any kid with a knack for speed and loves a little show-off.
Customers who have purchased this RC car particularly love its ability to perform numerous fancy stunts. Your kids can drive the car in any direction. As if that's not enough, the car can do flips on both sides and will wow anyone with awesome 360-degree spins.
Its body is built from strong, non-toxic PVC material which makes it a safe toy that young kids can play with. Additionally, the car has a classy design and resembles a real racing car.
The remote control has a 2.4GHz transmitter, making it easy to control even when your child is up to 196 feet away. On top of that, the transmitter is strong enough that your child can easily control the car when racing with several other players.
- Powerful motor system pushes the car to a speed of up to 9.3 miles per hour
- Premium-quality body can withstand all types of collisions
- Tri-axial differential technology ensures the car gives a steady performance at all times
- Fast charging and long-lasting battery guarantees uninterrupted fun for your child
- Not water resistant
It may take a few minutes to learn how to steer this car, but once they get the hang of it, kids enjoy the racing experience with this car.
2. JEYPOD IMDEN 51654194589 Remote Control Car – Best For Speed
- Rechargeable batteries
- Has 2.4GHz wireless receiver
- Made of safe raw materials
- Best for kids above eight years old
Are you looking for a quick-charging, fast RC car for your child? The JEYPOD IMDEN 51654194589 is probably the best rechargeable remote control car available on the market today.
This car comes with four batteries that are rechargeable. They only take 90 minutes to fully charge!
According to customer reviews, any kid looking to experience a realistic driving experience will not be disappointed. It can move forward, left, or right, and can even be reversed. Stopping it is also very easy.
In addition, this car can be controlled within a distance range of 50 to 80 meters. It has an impressive speed of about 6.2-12.4 miles per hour and is a perfect racing car.
- Quick-charging batteries offer approximately 30 minutes of amazing playtime
- Body is made from non-toxic plastic safe for kids
- Zero interference when racing with other cars
- Water resistant and can withstand light showers
- Baffle on the front side protects the car when it collides with hard edges
- The car could be bigger
This car also has high-quality rubber wheels to give your child a perfect anti-skid experience on any type of terrain.
3. Prextex Pack Of Two Cartoon R/C Police Car And Race Car – Best Value
- Comes with two cars
- The two cars have different frequencies
- Has real police car siren sounds
- Ideal for children aged three to ten years
If your toddler is showing interest in cars, the Prextex Cartoon Vehicles would be a great toy to start with.
This set of cars will excite your child with police siren sounds, honking sounds, and flashing headlights. Each box comes with two cars: a police car with a removable policeman and a racing car with a driver.
The cars need three AA batteries and the remote controls require two AA batteries. However, these batteries are not included in your package, and you will need to order them separately.
- The two vehicles have different frequencies and can be played with at the same time with no interference
- Made of durable, high-quality plastic
- Raw materials used are non-toxic and safe for kids
- Remote controls are small-sized and easy to control for kids of all ages
- Made of bright colors that kids love
- Speakers are a little too loud
The Prextex car is a best-seller and most kids love it.
4. DOUBLE E 1:12 RC Cars Monster Truck – Best For Outdoors
- Powerful rechargeable battery
- Four-wheel drive
- Four independent suspension springs
- 2.4GHz control system
- Ideal for children aged eight and nine years
This toy by Double E is one of the best outdoor remote control cars for kids. It has a realistic design, with awesome front lights to give your child a fun driving experience.
This car can be controlled within an impressive range of up to 79 meters. The steering and throttle are easy to control and will give your child a smooth riding experience.
Most customers love its outdoor performance. It has four suspension springs that protect it from any damage caused by vibrations when riding on rough terrain.
The dual motors, four-wheel drive, and strong power torque enable the car to move easily and with high stability on any kind of terrain.
- Battery is large enough and offers up to 30 minutes of playtime
- Independent suspension system and large tires enable kids to ride over anything without damage
- Anti-slip and shockproof tires are steady on all kinds of terrain
- Speed of up to 3.7 miles per hour
- Can move in all four directions (forward, backward, right, and left)
- The car is a bit slow
Many young children are impressed by the ability of this toy to climb hills and ride over anything without getting destroyed.
5. Best Choice Products 12V Kids Ride-On Truck Car – Best For Adventure
- High-quality plastic body
- Realistic design
- Has built-in music
- Made from non-toxic raw materials
If you want to give your child the ultimate realistic riding experience, the ride-on truck by Best Choice Products is a sure bet. It can be ridden, with a child on-board while being controlled using a remote by parents or older siblings.
Those who have bought this car say that it became a favorite among their children. This is not only a toy, but it gives them a real driving experience.
It has seat belts, three different speed options, and bright LED lights to make every ride an unforgettable experience. On top of that, your child will have a variety of sing-along tunes to enjoy as they ride on this remote control car for kids.
- Made from durable plastic
- All raw materials used are non-toxic and safe for all kids
- 14-inch traction wheels with a strong suspension system give exciting outdoor experiences
- You can let your older kids steer the car alone, or you can remotely control the car for younger kids
- Has a safe speed maximum of 3.7 miles per hour
- Holds up to 65 pounds
- Takes some time to recharge
This car is a fun addition to your child's collection of toys and can be ridden by children who are three years old (or up to 65 pounds).
How Remote Control Cars For Kids Work
The science behind the functionality of remote control cars for kids is not very complex.
When you press a command on the remote, radio signals are sent to a receiver on the car. The receiver reads and interprets the signal and relays the command to the car's motor system.
Types Of Remote Control Cars For Kids
There are many types of remote control cars for kids. The most common are:
These can be very fast with impressive speeds of up to 99 mil. They are perfect for smooth surfaces.
Also, most are easy to control and will allow kids to drive around obstacles with ease.
These are perfect for off-road terrain. Some of them are water resistant and can be driven through shallow water puddles.
Buggies are ideal for use on both smooth and rough terrain. However, their performance on smooth terrain does not match that of cars and trucks will outdo buggies on rough terrain.
Remote Control Cars Vs Nitro-Powered RC Cars
Remote control cars for kids are either nitro-fueled or battery-operated. Battery-operated RC cars are quieter, affordable, and easier to maintain.
On the other hand, nitro-fueled RC cars are not safe for kids, since their fuel contains mixtures of potentially toxic substances such as oil and methanol.
Safety Tips When Playing With Remote Control Cars For Kids
- Always ensure that your child uses a car that is appropriate for their age. Manufacturers always include a suitable age in the description of the car.
- Children should never play with remote control vehicles on roads that are used by actual cars.
- Carefully read all instructions before operating any RC car.
- Do not use RC vehicles on wet surfaces. They may cause electric shocks which are potentially dangerous.
- Oil the moving parts of your car regularly.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best RC Car For Kids
I have compiled a comprehensive guide on what you need to consider before selecting the best kids RC cars:
Cars with complex features are very expensive, while those with basic features are cheaper.
Choose easy and straightforward remote controls for younger kids. On the other hand, pistol grip controls are best for older kids. They are more difficult to learn but offer better control of the car.
Also, strong signals (above 2.4GHz) may be appealing to older kids while toddlers may not even notice it or care about this feature.
Size/Scale Of The Car
The size of the cars can be anywhere from 1/16 (meaning it’s 16 times smaller than a real car) to 1/5 (with 1/16 being the smallest). When choosing the best remote control car for kids, always consider where you intend to store it.
Also, note that larger cars are more expensive than smaller cars.
Age Of Your Child
There is no one-size fits all remote control car for kids.
If you are looking for an RC car for a young child, go for a simple car that is easy to control. If you’re shopping for one for your older child, choose a car that has more advanced features.
Choose a car that is made from durable material and can withstand mishandling by kids.
Do you want a racing car or just a toy that can climb hills? Some cars are more stable and move at extremely fast speeds while others are very slow.
Go for a car that is safe for use by toddlers. Some ride-on vehicles will even include seatbelts. Always ensure that the car is made from non-toxic materials that are safe for children.
It can be very annoying to get a toy that runs out of power as soon as you switch it on. Choose a car with decent batteries. However, note that RC cars that are packed with more features will drain batteries faster than vehicles with only the basic features.
Importance Of Playing With Remote Control Cars For Kids
- Great opportunity for kids to bond with their parents
- Teaches children the importance of personal responsibility; they have to control their car and ensure it does not collide on rough surfaces or get damaged
- Helps children to engage in physical exercises thus promoting a healthy child
- Promotes better hand-eye coordination
- Improves cognitive skills as they need to estimate distances and depths of surfaces
- Develops the judgment and strategic thinking of children; kids will need to decide what action to take when they see an obstacle on their path
Choosing the best RC car for kids can be very confusing. After researching and comparing the performance and features of various RCs for kids, I was able to settle for the five top choices reviewed above.
However, there is one that my son particularly loves. The Sugoiti Remote Control Stunt Car is well built, fast, and has a decent battery. Lastly, 360-degree spin is my son's favorite feature.
Hopefully this article equips you with all the information you need in choosing the best remote control cars for kids.